Tuesday 26 February 2013

I Remembered 'The World Of Suzie Wong'

I recalled an incident when I was young and my mom bundled the four of us into a cab and it took us downtown to the cinema. I guessed she must have wanted to watch that particular movie so much that she has to bring us all so that we will not be left unattended at home.I remembered the title of the movie were 'The World of Suzie Wong' filmed at that time in the British Colony of Hong Kong. It stars William Holden and Nancy Kwan. I like the opening scene with the Star Ferry en route to Hong Kong you can see the old Hong Kong charm. I had enjoyed the movie and was engrossed in it, especially the part where Suzie's baby died in the heavy downpour and landslide on the mountain. Well it seems this movie attracted a mixed response from its critics. Whatever the response was, I think it is a movie worth watching because of all the charming actors.


Hong Kong Island, Visited it in 2008