Monday 18 February 2013

Coins Of The British Isles

I have a collection of coins but my favourite is this Coins of the British Isles, a predecimal collection  a sixpence , three pence or half a penny. This set was given to me by my Scottish friend Rosalind, we both work as a cashier at a supermarket in Glasgow, I worked part time whiles staying at the Nurses Home at Langside. The background of the coins show the famous land marks of Scotland, the Forth Bridge and Edinburgh Castle, it tells the history of Scotland. When I googled for information of these coins I found out that the value of these coins has increased a bit but if it was in circulation before, the value is at face value or less. I guess I have to keep it longer for the value to increase I hope.


A set of Pre Decimal Coins Of The British Isles, It reminds me of a Nursery Rhyme