Sunday 6 May 2012

Evergreen Oldies and Lps

Today I am going to rant on about things that hold dear to me and had an impact on my life. I set up this blog site because I wanted to express things that I can recall as far back to my childhood. Thus hoping to share my recollections be it small or big. That translate into memories, yes, that's what it is now.


As far back as I can remember, my father likes music. Back in the 1960s, I remember the vinyl records that he played on the turntable. So I grew up listening to Pat Boone and Shirley Jones, Nat King Cole and also country and western songs. All Lps  at that time were imported  mostly from the USA and UK. My father always played these LPs , of course he has got quite a collections of other genre as well. As we grew up, we begin to appreciate all these and now know as golden oldies and evergreen songs from that era. I guess nobody can really forget that genre of songs, Those lyrics are meaningful and melodies sometime sad, happy and haunting as well. I don't deny that up until now I still listened to those oldies when I need to  relax and unwind my stressful mind. Well I guess that is why it is called golden oldies, for like us we'll be in our golden and twilight years when the time came!



Following were the collections of evergreen vinyls that we use to listened to. Now it has become a collectible item.


Jim Reeves. one of my favourites.


Skeeter Davis

The Beatles, awesome music














Slim Whitman




Big Hits contains various hits of that time.




Pat Boon