Saturday 5 May 2012

Butter Cake Recollection,

The reason I set up this blog is, I wanted to get my collection of pictures of all sorts to be publish here. I opted to set up a blog rather then a face book account, reason is I am more comfortable with a blog and I can post whenever and whatever I like in here. So, I am maybe, old fashion but that 's preference!

Here, I would like to pay tribute to my mum, she is always there to pamper us with her cooking and baking skills and these has left an impression on me as an adult.  Of course sometime we need to help her with the preparations. I remember her baking her butter cake and piping beautiful icing  to decorate it .When we were young My aunt Mary gave her an icing dispenser and she uses that to pipe beautiful designs on the cake.


My mum awesome cake, I named it "Annie's Butter Cake"

My Aunt Mary gave this Icing Dispenser to my mum. It was Made in England



   Those were the days in the 1960s and 1970s. We were lucky as she likes to bake and I sometimes bake it too now. In those days we don't have an electric mixer, so we each have a duty to perform, my eldest sister would be tasked to beat the egg yolks with a whisker in a big stainless steel cooking pot and I to beat and cream the sugar and butter. It was tedious and lot of hard work but well worth the effort.