Tuesday 2 October 2012

Buchanan's Black and White Scotch Whisky Mug




I was so excited when I found this Mug at the family home, I grew up with it. This mug and other wine glasses were my mum collection from my grandfather, her dad. He used to work with Harrison and Crossfield as a storekeeper in the 1950s.  More so as when I googled and found out that the popularity of the Black and White Whisky Brand extends beyond the whisky itself because mugs and glasses with the original ‘Black and White’ dogs printed on them have been sold at auction for prices exceeding £2000. Black And White' was originally produced by the London based whisky blender, James Buchanan. Because the whisky is of the scotch variety, it is fitting that James Buchanan chose a Scottish Terrier and a West Highland Terrier to front his brand. This motif has existed in the company, since the 1890s. It was truly a nostalgic kind of feeling that you get just by looking at the mug, it seems not so long ago that time just flew by. 

Buchanan 'Black and White' Scotch Whisky Mug

Black and White Scottish Terrier Motif