Saturday 20 October 2012

Poinsettia Plant

I lived in a tropical climate country and it is warm the whole year. One of my favourite plants is the poinsettia plant or scientifically named Euphorbia Pulcherrima. This plant originated from Central America and thus requires much light to grow. From young I am exposed to these plants which are green for the best part of the month and it will suddenly turn reddish nearer to Christmas time. The poinsettia plant is a telltale’s sign for me when the Christmas season is near. This almost automatic clockwork where it was green for nearly ten months and turns reddish just before Christmas tells me that the holiday season is near. The poinsettia plant is exposed to sunlight everyday and it receives natural rainfall, thus growing poinsettia in a tropical country is easier than in cold country.


Poinsettia Plant with green leaves

The leaves have started to turn reddish

The Poinsettia Plant can Grow Really Tall