Friday 26 October 2012

Bougainvillea Plant

This creeping Bougainvillea plant is in full bloom and it has been in the family garden for as long as I can remember. My mum likes to plant bougainvillea, I remember at one time when I visited her the rage was to have as many varieties as she can get her hands on.  There were names for each one of it. I still see some in the garden today but the plants have gotten old and thus some creep on the ground and others were stacked up to hold it in place but they still were a beauty to behold as they never failed to flowered.

Bougainvillea Plant has wide varieties and they are popular ornamental plants in areas with warm climates. They are thorny and woody. The flower is small with bright colours. It makes an excellent landscaping decorative plant because of its drought tolerance nature and they tend to flower all year round in equatorial regions.
 
Bougainvillea in Full Bloom

Red Variety Bougainvillea

Bonsai Bougainvillea