Thursday 5 April 2018

Reminiscing fondly Good Housekeeping Magazines


Recently I was clearing out some of my old stuff and came across many old Good housekeeping magazines, USA editions. I then took quite a while to look over some of the magazines, especially the December issues which was full of good quality pictures and recipes. Those were the days when I was really looking forward to the Christmas issue and every year I will  get a copy to see what recipes will be published. I am happy to say that I learned how to bake gingerbread cookies from one of its issues, tracing the template on cardboard and cutting out the dough to make a big reindeer and Santa Claus. As I sit there flipping the pages it brings back happy and fond memories of those younger days.

My treasured Good Housekeeping Christmas Issue Magazine 1990
Jumbo Santa Gingerbread recipe