Saturday 14 April 2018

Christmas fruits and nuts cake






A good family friend gave us a Christmas cake that he had bought  from Melbourne, Australia.
It's a Christmas cake made in Australia, when i was younger my mother used to buy big sister's fruit cake in a box imported from Australia, at that time we do not know how to bake a fruit cake and furthermore it required a long baking time. Nowadays the ingredients are easily available and thus you can bake anytime you feel like eating a fruit cake and not only during the Christmas season.
I am thankful for our friend KS.T for the very tasty fruit and nut Christmas cake that he has given us, at least it spurred  me to bake a fruit and nut cake just the other day,and it turned out beautifully and it tasted so yummiest too. I think I had this recipe which I had been using on and off from Better Home and Garden magazine. I just roughly estimated all the nuts and fruits and bind them with the flour mixture or you can follow the recipe below, bake the cake in the oven for about two hours.

Tasty Australian Fruit and nut Christmas cake
My fruit and nut Christmas cake
The Recipe for the above fruit and nut Christmas cake