Saturday 2 June 2012

Inheritance Jar

These jars were my father’s collections. He inherited it from his family. He takes great pride in telling us the history of each jar, how long time ago they actually bought it from the Chinese traders who came to sell their wares over the South China Sea. They then have to carry it on their back to reach their village and walks for miles and days to do that. Sometimes he said before they could reach their village the jar would meet with catastrophe and broke and how devastated can that person be when that happened. I had a feeling that sometimes we do not take our cultures and traditions of our root seriously. Ever since my father passed off these collections had been put into the storage room. Once a while if I do go back to the family home I like to take a look at it. Long ago these jars used to denote the wealth of a person too.


Giant Jar about four feet in Height

Brown Jar

Green Jar