Tuesday 26 June 2012

Frost Over Queen's Park, Glasgow

One wintry morning as I look out the kitchen window of the Glasgow Victoria Infirmary Nurse’s Home kitchen, I saw this beautiful winter scene which prompted me to go back to my room and take my camera to take this picture. December 1989, was the first day of our stay at the nurse’s home and that was my first winter experience.  The opposite was the Queen’s Park and it was totally covered in frost. It was like a Christmas winter scene and I was very excited to be able to experience all this. I remembered the Glasgow weather was cold, year round with only two weeks of sunshine. We had snow fall on the week of Christmas, and it was such a beautiful sight with the snowflakes falling all over the ground.
Downtown the people were in hordes doing their Christmas shopping. Everywhere you go you would feel the Christmas spirit. I had a wonderful time there doing my shopping at Littlewoods, Marks and Spencer and BHS and along Sauchiehall Street one of the main shopping street in the city of Glasgow. I have fond memories of Glasgow City.

Queen"s Park in Winter

View by Train English Countryside

Edinburgh in December