Thursday 27 June 2013

Pretty Handkerchief

Handkerchiefs was once a must-have item for every lady but now the popularity has dwindled and the once popular pure cotton handkerchiefs are hard to find these days. There were also handkerchiefs for all occasions like a bridal or mourning handkerchiefs made of cotton or silk. I remember the time when mum bought us a box of pretty and lovely embroidered handkerchief. I was so excited to look at it, over and over again. Nowadays we have the disposable tissue paper, it may be more convenient but I think handkerchief is more economical to have. I recently came across a bunch of assorted colours handkerchiefs at a supermarket and I cannot resist the urge to purchase some and maybe keep it as a token of remembrance, though it is all made in China. I think it is an interesting hobby to start collecting handkerchiefs from around the world. I might do just that. Handkerchief can be personalized with your initial or name.


Pretty Dainty Handkerchiefs

Japanese Cotton Handkerchiefs