Saturday 19 March 2016

My Daily Bread

What is my favourite food? well,it depends, I love pastries, but with that comes a lot of unhealthy habits if we are not careful and load ourselves with sugary stuff. I guess we have to take everything in moderation like what my son Jonathan said. I love to bake and these days I bake my own bread, as I feel commercial bread had become too monotonous to eat. I personally would like to have more nuts and fruits in my bread.I usually mix wholemeal flour with a bit of all-purpose flour, lots of nuts and dried fruits , my favourites are, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts, apricots, cranberries and raisins. I like to toast my sliced bread and eat it plain or  I will just spread  a little apricot jam on it, yummy.
Proving the kneaded Dough


Doubled in Size then only Bake in the Oven
Freshly Baked Wholemeal Bread
Yummy when Toasted