Monday 18 August 2014

Tea - Time at the Inn and Miss Marple

At last I got the opportunity to write something that I am passionate about , I also had this book that I bought in 1993 at Hatchard Piccadilly, London entitled “Teatime- at the Inn” by Gail Greco.  This interesting book tells of the countless Country Inns across America and the tea services that they provide to travellers. The pictures were beautifully illustrated and I like to read it from time to time and reminisce about visiting at least one of those Inns one day. This book also includes some of the Inns best recipes. Anyway having said that, my sister in law is in Melbourne now visiting the niece, Christina and she sends me pictures of a tea house Named Miss Marple at, 382 Mt. Dandenong. Who don’t know the famous sleuth Miss Marple of Agatha Christie, she was one of my favourite characters. I thought the place  was magical, the Colonial house and all. The trifles and brownie were mesmerising!

Tea - Book I bought at Hatchard, Piccadilly, London.
Beautifully illustrated with  Country Inns across America
and their favourite recipes

Below are some of the awesome pictures send by my sister in - law from Melbourne, Australia.

Miss Marple Tea House
English Trifles
Scones Served with home made jam and whipped cream
Brownie with cream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.