Saturday 8 February 2014

Steamed Layered Butter Cake With Butter Cream Icing


Last weekend we were invited by our neighbour Lucy, who also happened to be my good friend to have a simple dinner with her family. Well this invitation gives me the opportunity to bring along some homemade goodies. After pondering for a while, I decided to bake this colourful layered cake for her. Just as soon as I rewrite the recipe I proceeded to steam the cake. It is a tedious process but it was worth the while when I see the end result of the cake and most importantly, the taste was out of this world so to say. I decorated it with a delicious butter icing and piped pastel coloured flowers on it as well.  Well, when I brought it along to my friend’s house everyone oohed and aahed in excitement, they said the petite cake looks so cute; I cannot deny that it looks pretty though! Here are the pictures I took of it. The dinner was wonderful with Evon roasted chicken and the angel hair spaghetti.
Wonderful Dinner We Had At My Friend's Lucy House
Petite Butter Cake With Pastel Coloured Butter Cream Icing
Piping Bag With Coloured Butter Cream Icing
Below: Slices of Steamed Layered Butter Cake