Thursday 13 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day


On the 14th of February is Valentine’s Day, not that I am all over it but there was a time when we as a family celebrated the day just for the fun of it. I even got a card to show that we ever got around celebrating it. I came across it while browsing through my collections of memorabilia and I thought to myself hey, I will write something about it.  The card was drawn by Jonathan and I am glad that I still keep it all these times. Looking back I really feel that we were a much closed knit family as we took time to do this little thing together. Valentine’s Day is not just for young people, to them the day is always associated with romantic love but whatever it is I think for a family, it will be a day to celebrate with love and a box of Hersey Milk Chocolate..Hmm. Here is a popular poem for Valentine’s Day from a collection of English Nursery Rhymes 1784.

The rose is red, the violet's blue,

The honey's sweet, and so are you.
Thou art my love and I am thine;
I drew thee to my Valentine:
The lot was cast and then I drew,

And Fortune said it shou'd be you

Pinkish heart designed by Jonathan when he was 4 years old

This is a Cool valentine's day card By Jonathan when he was a young boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.