Friday 9 January 2015

Crochet,My Work

I was discussing crafts with my friend Lucy when we nonchalantly talk about crochet, then I recalled that when I was in Nursing Training College I had done a few crochet pieces. I called up my sister and asked her to check it out, where it has gone to and luckily she told me my mom kept it. She recently bought all of it to me and I was very happy to be able to see what I can accomplish at that age, even more now that I can enjoy using it to decorate my house.

This type of crochet is called ‘Filet Crochet’ an old technique, which is popular in the late nineteenth century. It is still popular in countries like Holland, France and Germany. It is used to make curtains, tablecloths and decorative edges.

Here are some of my pieces;


My first piece Cherubs Filet

Beautiful Peacock Work

Double Deer Crochet

Awesome Rose Crochet