Sunday 26 October 2014

Fruit and Plant

The rambutan tree in my family garden  bears abundant fruits this year, my sister Veron reminded me and she send this lovely picture and another picture of a plant with fan like flowers, she said flower from our younger day, sure brings back fond memories of that time. I have some firm favourites from the time we were growing up but it’s difficult to see some of those familiar things now like I remembered a plant with deep purple flowers growing wild along the gravel road, we used to pick the flowers and play with it and it will stain the fingers purplish. There used to be a few hibiscus trees planted near our house when we were growing up, we would pick the leaves and pretend that it was money and the hibiscus flowers would bloom throughout the year. The Japanese used the flowers to make drinks with honey. I wished I would have known about such thing during those times.

Rambutan Tree Bearing Fruits

Plant With Fan like Flowers