Sunday 21 September 2014

A Victorian Flower Album Book

Just the other day I went to my regular book store to purchase a book on plant and flower. This particular bookshop sells new and old books; the old books were mostly imported from the UK. I wasn't sure whether I would find anything that is worth buying when this old worn book caught my eyes. A Victorian Flower Album and as I turned the pages my enthusiasm grew with each page, it is just what I wanted to be able to see and read and paint if I needed to by referring to it. It was actually a flower album compiled by Mr. Henry Terry in 1873 for his children, Emily, Annie and Harry. A publisher chanced upon it and published it into a book.


The Old Book Which I Bought was actually A Victorian Flower Album
By Henry Terry
Beautiful Water Color Painting of Various Flowering Plant